Thursday, April 19, 2007

A Puppy Update

I took the precious boy to the vet yesterday, he is a whopping 23 pounds! He was a mere 7.5lbs when we first brought him home 4.5 weeks ago. How the time does fly!

I'm standing on one side of the examination table, the vet is on the other, the dog is on the table between us. Now that I've set the (obvious) scene, said vet looks at me and says "Let's check to make sure he has two testicles".

Honestly? Fly at 'er buddy, if you really want to fondle my dog's testicles, more power to you. I, on the other hand, could really care less.

The vet fondles away and concludes that our brilliant puppy does, much to his father's relief, have two testicles descending. Yay?

A few minor things later (listening to the heartbeat, feeling up the ribs, etc) and the vet goes "and how was he with the temperature taking last time?". We didn't take the temperature last time, so I guess he was fine? Hah. (This wasn't our regular vet as she was away on vacation. Must be nice). So this vet pulls out his handy thermometer, throws a plastic sleeve on it, and puts some treats on the table. He then proceeds to stick his handy thermometer up my dog's ass, and after what seems entirely too long, shows me the temperature of 37.5. Which is perfect, apparently. He then takes off the plastic sleeve and lets my dog sniff the very item that was just up his ass.

In the space of 10 minutes, my dog got his testicles fondled and an instrument shoved up his ass. I think he's seen more action than I have in the last week. ;)

No comments: